Each disc contained 12 comic-book-style images. To use the projector, you would insert the disc into the holder on the front of the figure, then press a button on the back to project the images. A twisting knob on the back allowed you to cycle through the pictures, while a rotating lens on the front let you focus the image.
I’ve managed to collect five of these projectors, and two of them are actually from my own toy collection when I was a kid.
These things were a blast to play with. I can still remember sitting in my dark room, pointing the projector at the ceiling and watching those comic-book images come to life. That was my kind of entertainment!
MEMORY UNLOCKED
Of course, the silent pictures weren’t nearly as fun without a little added voice acting. My brother and I would make up our own dialogue and narrate the scenes as the images changed. Looking back, those homemade performances were probably just as entertaining as the toys themselves.
That’s one of the things I love about collecting old toys. Sometimes it’s not just the toy you’re collecting it’s the memories that come along with it.
ORIGINAL COMMERCIAL
Well, dudes, that’s it for another post!
Even though I only had two of these projectors as a kid, seeing any of them today brings the nostalgia all the way to overdrive!
Thanks for reading Remember That? and taking yet another journey with me!
If you have a request for a future Remember That? post, feel free to contact me!
Until next time… remember that?



0 Comments